Saturday, January 24, 2009

Khamaj

Shafqat Amanat Ali belonged to Fuzon. He left the band. But this track from their first album created ripples in the soft pop space. I have not heard such a trained, taut voice anywhere except amongst classical musicians.

Again, one of the tracks I just couldn't help trying. The support track can be ignored, but I would like to think it helped me sing.
And this is one of those songs which seem so darned simple to sing and turn out to be so twisted in their composition. I took an hour and a half to do this and yet....
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

2 comments:

Mind of an unknown said...

Don't comment! I realised the support track is not at all that supportive and as someone rightly pointed out, the recording sounds vintage...and not in a nice way. I suppose he meant scratchy.

The hopefully better version coming up soon.

Jay said...

Nice rendition