Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Return of Lure

And that's how it all happened. In one jiffy. Between the song singing, note-making and idle talk at office yesterday. Clear as water. I will remember the pig-tailed one for a long time. I am a 'looking-for-signs' person. That is how I had landed my job in the industry. Driving back home one summer afternoon when I held a job as a Business Analyst, I made up this dream profile of a job. I didn't know it actually existed. I requested the driver to hand me a piece of paper and put down exactly 4 companies. There were a lot more, but I chose 4..random, maybe not that random. I liked the music they produced and that got them to go up on my list. And that was to become my fixation for the coming months. A couple of weeks later I quit, claiming my calling was elsewhere, sat at home, dropped my CV with every single contact point at the 4 companies and 3 months later, I had the job.

Over 3 years now from that day, a similar feeling has gripped me. Only it is to chase MY real dream this time, not someone else's. And when I saw our 'new find' of the season, being what she is, doing what she does best, never once pandering to the idiotic whims of the glamour world, I think and feel almost uncontrollably convinced, that it is time I am on the other side. And with the same zest and perseverance as before, I will move now, living each day such that it takes me closer to what is really me.

I hope someone got that loud and clear!

2 comments:

Deepak Wadhwa said...

Few of us have the courage to leave out comfort shells and pursue what has been giving us sleepless nights. I have not been able to do it myself. But CD- knowing you for the past 4 odd months, i know that the day is not far!

inconsequential said...

@ the previous comment and your blog

Forget having the courage to chase our dreams, few of us don't even have " a dream" to chase.
All the best in your chase- it's a tough one, but as you have found out (at least) twice very recently, it's got a lot to do with how hard you try.